Monday, September 20, 2010

A Weekend of Sun...

Well...Sunflowers...

This weekend was HOT HOT HOT, the humidity was crazy and the sweat just poured, but all the beautiful sunflowers seemed to thrive in the heat and gorgeous sunlight! I have been admiring this brilliant little flowers scattered along the side of the road, making our journey just a little bit brighter. They were everywhere and I just couldn't help but to stop and try to capture them and their sunny little faces! So, this weekend I decided to stop and smell the....sunflowers...and my son and I even picked a few! So, despite the heat it was a beautiful weekend! Hope you all had a great weekend too!

Right before sunset and was able to catch some nice warm light!
{Day 101 of 365}

I liked this shot...a delicate flower growing next to sharp barbed wire, plus you can see all the other flowers scattered in the background

I only got one on Saturday, we had birthdays and ballgames, so only time for one quick shot, good think it turned out! {Day 102 of 365}

On Sunday my oldest son and I went in search for a place to pick some sunflowers and bring them back home to his Nana!

How can you resist taking some shots when your mother-in-law has a great faded barn backdrop and great antique containers to use as props!

My favorite from Sunday and the weekend {Day 103 of 365}


Hope you all had a great weekend and that your week ahead is wonderful too!
Brooke

8 comments:

  1. stunning photos. love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh brooke, i love. love. love this series, really. and i think my fav is the one w/ the barbed wire also.
    ♥ maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. No flowers are as happy looking as sunflowers

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, so many great shots! I love how you took the flowers and made them look different in each shot! so creative, great work on your 365!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shots. I like the contrast of the sunflower with the barbed wire too. These are frame worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful. I think my favorites are the second and fourth. What kind of camera & lenses do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ladies! I always love reading your kind comments!

    Haley, I use a Nikon d5000 and the kit lens that came with it (18-55mm)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Brooke. :) I am saving up for a D5000, that's why I asked. Is it really easy to use right away, or did it take you a while to figure it out? Anyway, you take wonderful pictures with it! It just makes me super excited and impatient until I can get mine. :)
    What do you use to edit your pictures?

    ReplyDelete

I adore your comments and love feedback, so comment away! I don't always get the chance to personally email each commenter, but I do try to visit your blog or thank you in my comments! I appreciate each and every one of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...