Friday, June 25, 2010

The Journey Begins...

Welcome to my world through my lens...I look forward to sharing my point of view and giving you glimpses into my life. I am the momma to two crazy energetic boys and, as cliche as it sounds, the wife of a wonderfully devoted husband. I have spent the past three years engulfed with the things of motherhood. While I am still a mom, the world of diapers, spit-up, onesies and bottles is slowly fading away. Don't get me wrong, the job of MOM is never ending and my world has ventured into toys, tantrums, referee matches, and a personal vending machine. However, amidst it all things have slowed down. My kids, as bittersweet as it is, don't NEED me twenty-four seven. Their emerging personalities have come with independent little minds and the joy they continually bring me grows with every silly act and 'I love you mommy'. As I said, it is bittersweet...Bitter, because they are growing way to fast and their impending flight from the nest gets closer. Sweet ,because they ARE growing!!! I get the privilege to see them grow, evolve and learn everyday; to see them become little boys and one day *sniff* men. Sweeter, because their independence has giving me the time and opportunity to rekindle and old passion, photography. I have always had a place in my heart for photography, but, like many moms it was one of those 'things' that got shelved for more immediate matters. It is now however, rediscovered and dusted off and here we are...I still have a long road of learning and growing, but, I am ready and willing! I truly hope you enjoy my work...
  Here is a quick peek at what I've been working on. I have recently discovered and fallen in love with textures!!! Here is a photo I took yesterday called, Grandma's Pearls I have included the orginal, which I was quite pleased with, and my textured version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore your comments and love feedback, so comment away! I don't always get the chance to personally email each commenter, but I do try to visit your blog or thank you in my comments! I appreciate each and every one of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...